17 November 2008

Make way for ducklings


This is my new favourite sign. It’s ~2 blocks away from us, and it makes me smile every time we go by. And the ducklings are pretty cute, too. They’re Pacific black ducks. I’m not sure where mom was when I took this photo, but the kids seemed to be behaving and staying out of the street.

UPDATE: not only do they have 2 signs - they also have a chaperone! When I was biking home yesterday, there was a lady standing out there making sure cars stopped so they could get across the street safely.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! I only saw baby ducklings crossing street with their mother once in a neighborhood close to my old apartment at Waukegan. I parked around and watched the whole thing.

    Annie just got back from China. Wonderful time at home! Really hope Ben and Kerry will visit China -Annie's home town one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - we love to hear your comments!!