21 April 2010

When it rains it pours…

… but not in a bad way. Just a crazy way.
From December through February, I was mostly unemployed. And frankly, I wasn’t particularly assertive about changing that. I’m happy being a couch potato! When we got back from New Zealand, I one tentative job in the pipeline. But within a week of coming home, I somehow managed to acquire a total of 4 jobs. I could have had five, but I decided I needed to draw the line somewhere. Don’t ask me how – it just happened. And don’t ask how the logistics of that work out – I’m still not sure. Anyway, here’s the run-down:
Job #1) Research assistant working with Gouldian finches – I’m looking at sperm in egg yolk membranes to look at pair-compatibility.
Job #2) Lab coordinator organizing and managing the lab sections for an introductory biology course.
Job #3) Lab instructor – teaching 4 of those lab classes mentioned above.
Job #4) Reproductive biologist – doing the same thing I’ve been doing out in Dubbo.
Yes, Dubbo is still 5 hours away from Sydney. Yes, the first 3 jobs are at Macquarie Uni, which is in Sydney. At least it’s keeping me out of trouble!
But it's also keeping me from blogging, so I apologize for that. I think I'm getting everything under control, so I'll try to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - we love to hear your comments!!