01 September 2010

Dear Mr. Magpie



Dear Mr. Magpie,

Despite what you might think, the more you dive bomb my head, the more I want to hurt you. You are not doing yourself any favours by snapping your beak as loud as you can in my ear, striking my helmet with your big ol' beak, or thumping your chest against the back of my head. I call myself an ecologist, and I understand your motivations, but I promise I don't want your chicks. And why don't you attack the walkers right next to me? What did bikers ever do to you? I appreciate a good obstacle course, but this is getting to be a little much.

So in the interest of yourself and your loved ones, BACK OFF!!!

Sincerely,
An intrepid bike rider

PS - If less that 9% of you are vicious attackers, why are there THREE of you along my 15 minute commute??

PPS - Why did you have to teach your bad habits to the wood duck along the bike path, too?? Seriously, what duck charges a bike??

2 comments:

  1. In my humble opinion magpies are allowed to be all we-don't-take-kindly-to-your-kind-'round-here based on the fact of how pretty they are. Also I've never been dive bombed by one. Pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a comedian who said that only magpies could get away with half killing you, because then they fly away and do their cool warble and you're like "aawwww." They are cool birds, and I like them a lot... outside of nesting season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - we love to hear your comments!!