14 June 2009

Don’t play with your food

MasterChef Australia has possibly become Ben’s favourite TV show lately. He’s not quite to the point of actually taking notes, yet, but he might be soon. Between this show and our new pots and pans, he’s becoming quite inspired in the kitchen! If only grad school didn’t get in the way, I’m sure I could be married to an excellent chef.

One of the things he learned recently was how to clean and prepare a whole squid. So while I was home, we visited the seafood shop and got ourselves 2 whole squids and a blue crab. We sautéed/boiled/fried to our hearts content and then made a delicious garlic butter sauce. All I can say is “Watch out MasterChef!!”


Yes, that's the same crab. Cool colour change, huh!?!

2 comments:

  1. Love the blue crab, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Annie - it was delicious!
    So for the longest time I couldn't figure out the best way to address people's comments. I kept telling Ben to e-mail you when you posted comments, but he's pretty focused on grad school so I don't think he sent 1/2 the e-mails I asked him to. Then I realized - I could post a comment back!
    Ani says thanks for the b-day wishes, and I hate to tell you this, but no - my boss doesn't like pandas, either. I figure, if nature thinks they're fit enough to survive, it's not her judgement to make.
    Hope everything is going well for you, and I'm sure Ben says hi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - we love to hear your comments!!