21 June 2009

Life with Emmet

Emmet is getting bigger and more alert and is spending more time out of his pouch, which is fun. He generally gets a bit of an exercise during his pouch changes. Sometimes he's really into it, sometimes he just wants to get back in his pouch. He's getting better at this whole hopping thing - he'll do laps around his mum (Kristie). But sometimes he'll shake his head and throw himself off balance and start doing this out-of-control zig-zag jump. And sometimes when he's making a tight turn around Kristie, he'll end up running into her, instead. But he's getting better and better at it!

AND, I got to do my first feed this week (quickly followed by my first and second solo-feeds)! It's a lot like feeding a baby - you mix up a special formula, put it in a bottle, warm it up, and feed him. And every time you feed him, you also have to toilet him, which involves getting a wad of tissue down there and "tickling" him until he takes care of business. The poor roo moms have to do this orally. :b I have decided, as much as I like the idea of giving birth to something that's the size of a peanut, I'm glad I'm not a kangaroo.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! He is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's cuter in real life, but since there would probably be lots of issues if I mailed him to all our family and friends, I decided a picture was the next best thing.
    Hope you're doing well! How are wedding plans coming?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - we love to hear your comments!!