08 November 2009

I heart Dubbo

Dubbo cracks me up. In some regards, I have never seen a town with more town pride. The "I heart Dubbo" t-shirts for sale in the visitors centre are not really for visitors - they're for all the residents, who then wear these shirts anytime they go somewhere exciting and take pictures to have printed in the Dubbo Photo News. Dubbo hearts often pop up in all these random places. And I came back to Dubbo just at the end of the week-long "I love Dubbo" Festival. I'm not really sure how they stretched it into a week-long celebration, but all the businesses still have their "We love Dubbo" signs up.

But on the other hand, anytime I tell someone I like Dubbo, they kind of look at me funny and say "Really?!?" Yes, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - we love to hear your comments!!