13 February 2009

Bike tyres

So there’s this plant (vegetation, not factory) out here that has decided it would be a really good idea to produce these awful, spiny-things. I’m not even sure what they are, structurally, but they are evil. They get stuck in your feet and make you bleed and make your dog limp and hold her paw out and look up at you so pathetically. And they seem to have an exceptional affinity for bike tyres.

One of the first things Tamara told me was to go get this stuff called Slime and put it in my tyres. I kept thinking “OK – someday I’ll leave work early and get to the bike store before it closes since nothing stays open late, here,” but I never made it. And for a month, I was just fine. Then I got a spine. I pulled it out right away and thought it would be fine since I have big, fat hybrid tyres and not little 10-speed tyres. But the next morning – sure enough – flat tyre. So I pulled out my bike-repair kit and changed the inner tube and still got to work on time… and Tamara decided to buy some Slime for me. Then on the way home, I got another spine! Before I even had a chance to use the Slime! So after walking the rest of the way home with a flat, the first thing I did after dinner was Slime my tyres.

This is the coolest stuff – you squeeze ½ a bottle into each tyre, spin it around, and it acts as a clotting agent. So I didn’t even have to patch the 2 inner tubes that had been punctured – this stuff just plugged them right up! And since then, I’ve gotten at least a half-dozen more spines, and when you pull the spine out, a little green dot appears and plugs up the hole – it’s the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - we love to hear your comments!!