15 February 2009

Farmer’s market

Dubbo has one of the best farmer’s markets that I’ve seen. It happens the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month, and in addition to the normal assortment of fruit and veggies, the market also attracts local olive groves, local wineries, a bread guy who has record lines and sells out every week, a free-range pork guy, mustard makers – everything!

This week I bought a sweet potato the size of a small house, some sugar pears, homemade banana bread with passionfruit icing, and lime cordial made by a lime grove up the road, which happens to be the largest in all of Oz. I’m really excited about the cordial, because my mouth always seems to be dry, no matter how much water I drink. So you just add a tiny bit of this to your water and get a refreshing citrus burst! Brilliant!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry,

    Just a note to let you know I so enjoy your blog. I look forward to your updates; of course after I look for new pictures of my grandson on Robin's blog.

    Thanks for all the interesting tidbits of life down under.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Love the picture. It made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - we love to hear your comments!!