12 February 2009

House of the week

OK, hopefully I’ll be staying at this house longer than a week! I knew the other housing situations were temporary, but this one should be a little more long-term. I’ve moved in with one of the keepers who just bought a house and wanted a flat-mate. The room is a little small, but that’s fine for a few months. And I’m sleeping in a bunk bed. I never would have guessed that at 30 I would be sleeping in a bunk bed on a semi-permanent basis, but hey, as long as I’m horizontal, I’m fine with that.

And the best thing is that she has air conditioning. I have a fairly high heat threshold and have never been a big A/C person, but in this kind of heat, it’s been brilliant.


So in addition to Kristie (the human), I share the house with 2 birds, a whole gang of stick insects, and occasionally a dog. The birds are great – Roy (yellow) loves head scratches and Lily (grey) gives kisses. Then there’s 2 more wild-ish birds out back – one is named Spew (because he kinda looks like that) and the other is currently nameless.

Stick insects

1 comment:

  1. Kerry - pure comedic genius. Hilarious. Having to point out Kristie is a human, having a yellow bird named Roy, and a bird named Spew (because he looks like that). Love it! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - we love to hear your comments!!